Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Will putting lotion on your face clog your pores?

My skin is really weird. In the summer it is really oily, and since I have Gym right now, that also makes it bad. However, I wash my face under water often. This helps a lot. I cannot use soap because that dries my face out really bad. After I take a shower, even if I don%26#039;t use soap, my face still dries out. Putting lotion on it helps, and I wash it off with water later. My face is no longer dry. It looks disgusting having a bunch of white, dry skin on my face! EW!





Anyway, as my question says, will putting the lotion on my face clog my pores, especially since I have an acne problem?





Is there a special, inexpensive product I can use instead of lotion if it does effect it? I%26#039;ve been watching it closely, and I%26#039;m pretty sure it doesn%26#039;t.





Help?|||yes... get a moisturizer. Lotion is not meant to go on the face. It has a lot of oil in it and will clog your pores. Don%26#039;t wash your face with soap get a face wash too.. I have one that I really liked called Dermalogica special cleansing gel.





special cleansing gel


A soap-free, foaming gel designed to thoroughly remove impurities without disturbing the skin%26#039;s natural moisture balance. Calming Balm Mint and Lavender extracts soothe the skin, while natural Quillaja Saponaria gently foams away toxins and deep-cleanses debris. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Professional recommendation advised.


how it works


Naturally-foaming Quillaja Saponaria removes impurities and excess oils.


Skin-smoothing Balm Mint cools and calms the skin.


Purifying Lavander Extract assists in cleansing.





Then get a lightweight oil free moisturizer like:


Dermalogica Active moist:





active moist


A lightweight, oil-free lotion for daily moisture protection to actively combat surface dehydration. This sheer, easy-to-apply formula contains Silk Amino Acids and a unique combination of plant extracts to help smooth and improve the skin%26#039;s texture. Natural botanical astringents of Lemon, Watercress, Burdock and Ivy help to refine the skin while soothing extracts of Lavender, Mallow and Cucumber provide deep hydration. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.


how it works


Silk Amino Acids smooth and improve skin texture.


Natural botanical astringents of Lemon, Ivy, Watercress and Burdock refine the skin.


Soothing extracts of Lavender, Mallow and Cucumber provide deep hydration





However Dermalogica is pretty expensive. About 20 each.





Go for Aveeno.


Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser


Its oil free and helps with acne


Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer





Another good brand is:


Neutrogena庐 Oil-Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer|||yes|||I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer, and that helps alot. It prevents blemishes as well as breakouts, and it%26#039;s very light. It doesn%26#039;t cloog my pores either. In order for your pores not to get clogged, just try anything that is a facial moisturizer.|||Using a good facial moisturizer can actually prevent breakouts. When your skin is so dry, it makes your skin produce more oil to compensate for it, causing you to break out. I would not recommend a normal body lotion, because most of those have some sort of oil in them, which will clog your pores. Instead choose an oil-free facial moisturizer like Clean %26amp; Clear Oxygenating Facial Moisturizer.|||lotion wont, but itll dry ur face and make it break out|||I have the same problem. I%26#039;ve found that if I use lotion made especially for dry faces such as Clinique, it doesn%26#039;t clog my pores. You just have to use trial and error because everyone%26#039;s face is different and will respond differently to the same products.


Good luck!|||Just use non-comedogenic products. (It will say on the packaging somewhere.) Those don%26#039;t clog pores.|||look lotion wont but it%26#039;ll dry your face and make it break out very bad|||actually facial lotion is the best. But no it won%26#039;t. The biggest thing with using lotion is how dry your face is and using it only on the dry areas.|||go see you dermatologist, simple as that....acne...he can give you a script for Retina A .....the only problem is the insurance companies don%26#039;t like to pay for this product.....but it is the only thing that works on acne.|||lotion like for your body will, but moistureiser with out an oil base will not clog pores, try biore products, they even say on the bottle WON%26#039;T CLOG PORES.|||washing your face often strips away the oil and makes your skin dry. instead of washing your face, use a face cloth from dove so the moisture won%26#039;t get washed away. as for lotion, it does clog pores, esp if your face is sensitive. if there is a costco near your place, Borghese skincare is really great. it%26#039;s supposed to be anti aging, but it works really well on all ages. i%26#039;m 22, and i use the night cream because i have a similar problem on my cheek, and it restores it the next day without making my face oily.|||yes it will, get the Dramatically Different Gel from CLinique|||i have very dry skin on some parts of my body, and oily skin on my face%26#039;s tzone, but i use olive oil on my face. it%26#039;s inexpensive, makes the skin smooth, and does not clog my pores like mostirizer or lotion. u could use olive oil on other body parts 2! try it!!!|||i have a similar problem. well anyways, after i take a shower and finish washing my face, i put a cream on from olay. it%26#039;s a moisturizer lotion for the face and is also spf 15. my face gets oily during the afternoon, so i just use oil wipes from clean and clear when i%26#039;m at school.|||if its not facial lotion try buying netrogena face cream its only like $3 at walmart.|||Dear, putting lotion on your face will most definately clog the pores! It%26#039;s called moisturisure! Lotion for your face, and if you want non-shine, non-oil products...go to the drug store and buy some under the brand nutrogena! It%26#039;s good! Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment